Monday, October 26, 2020

Inner light

 In my own dark hour

I choose to be my light

Or bitterness and sorrow 

May lead to giving up my fight

But I will rise again though

Hardened my heart will be 

Never to share again with another 

I need not someone beside me 


I will journey on alone and 

Brace against the trials

I will face what's up against me

Though rarely share a smile

All the passing people 

Forever strangers shall remain 

For reaching out to know them 

May cause me too much pain

No longer any reason 

To care for others anymore 

It's time to lock forever 

My hearts once open door 


The world of those around me 

I will no longer see 

I'll never see another's pain

I choose now to see just me. 

All righteous indignation and selfishness you'll say

But loving any other has only filled my life with pain

No comments:

Post a Comment