Monday, October 26, 2020

Inside my world

 Inside my prison no one can see

The vibrant person I used to be 

Outside my window the world moves on 

Close to my reach yet just beyond


Pain engulfs me day after day 

Taking all of my joys away

I used to sing and laugh and dance 

Now I don’t have the energy to even be romanced


The fear of more pain has taken over 

Couldn’t even care for my best friend Clover

Excitement is over I adventure no more

Sitting here day after day has become such a bore 


When you go out and enjoy lunch with a friend 

Just remember I can’t do that anymore it takes too long to mend 

I ache for someone to come rescue me

From the inner and outer pain you don’t see


Don’t do this don’t do that 

Seems all that I hear 

Now I’m afraid to do anything 

Out of pure fear


To know how short the time will be 

That I can lift my grand child to my knee

Enrages and angers me so deep inside 

No comments:

Post a Comment