Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Hardly a Princess

Growing up was not an easy task for me. I am honestly surprised I even survived. Planted in a family with five brothers and sisters and I was lucky enough to be between the two boys, well lets just say things got a bit rough. I recall a time when me and my younger brother Charlie were certain that the other would give in first and we continued to choke each other until someone stepped in. I don't recall who stepped in to stop us but that's probably because I was mere moments from black out. I am sure he would have blacked our first though. I don't recall the reason for the attempted murder but it could have just been a challenge to see who could kill who first. There really was not a chance in the world that I was going to grow up to be anything other than a tom boy.

It would be a true statement that if you put a gun or a wrench in my hand and I will smile instantly. I mean who gets excited over the gift of an impact gun other than me? Thanks for that by the way Dad. I recall my first mechanical experience helping my older brother Jeremy bleed brakes on the Dodge truck he was restoring. Yep, I was hooked from the start. I am the girl who will turn her head instantly when I hear the roar of a muscle car and I will never turn down the opportunity to drive a fast car and I will not drive it slowly either. I think I get my adrenaline junkie gene from my Dad who used to race at the Bonneville Salt Flats when I was a kid.. I got my license at 14, yeah for living in Idaho, and let me say that NO 14 YEAR OLD SHOULD HAVE A LICENSE. Well if they are anything like I was they shouldn't. Do I know the top speed of a Ford Taurus? I would say that there is a good possibility that I do... Sorry Mom but I never put a scratch on it so no harm done right? I bet Dad knew its top speed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment